Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Australian Open - View from the courts: Day three

A round-up of what all the key players said after the third day of the Australian Open in Melbourne.

Ana Ivanovic: "There are still some areas I have to work on and improve. As you progress through the tournament you come up against tougher opponents, so you automatically raise your level. I think I still have to work a little bit on my serve. It was much better today, but it's still something I need to improve. I know there is still lots of room for improvement. So that gives me confidence."

Dinara Safina: "After I lost the first set, I really played my game. I really stepped in and I was going for my shots. I think I played a good match today. I had a slow start. I think I played poorly until 5-1, I didn't do anything. I was waiting for her mistakes. I played a poor tiebreak but once I lost it, I was like, 'if I don't change, I'll go home.' Whenever I'm passive, I lose. That's what happens every time. Without going for the shots, without risk, you never gonna be successful."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australian Open

Live Streaming » Australian Open

Sports Live » Australian Open Live Streaming

Australian Open Live Stream