Thursday, January 22, 2009

Australian Open - View from the courts: Day five

Reaction from the key protagonists on a busy day of third-round action at the Australian Open in Melbourne.

Marin Cilic on his straight sets win over 11th seed David Ferrer: "I would say that it was a good performance from me. At the beginning of the match he broke me in the second game. That I think woke me up a little bit, which was good for me. I reacted very well and broke him back again and I was in the game pretty good from that moment on. I think I have some more room to improve my game a little bit more, to hit the ball a little bit better. My serve wasn't the best today but I got away with it, mixing it up, serving very well at the crucial moments."

Dinara Safina after easing into the fourth round for the first time at Melbourne Park: "There's a first time for everything. Twice I lost in the third round. I was like this today: 'That is the third time (and it) should be the luckiest one.' I'm not a roadrunner on the court. I cannot be as fast as some other players, but I have some other weapons. If I use my power, then I have to run less. It's time to use it sometimes."

Novak Djokovic after battling past Amer Delic in four sets: "He has one of the biggest serves out there, it was difficult for me to return and find rhythm. I have big respect for Amer, we have known each other a long time and he absolutely deserved to be here. He played great tennis today."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australian Open

Live Streaming » Australian Open

Sports Live » Australian Open Live Streaming

Australian Open Live Stream